If you are traveling outside of the United States, it is strongly recommended that you purchase international travel health insurance, as your current health insurance coverage will probably not cover you overseas. Contact your health insurance carrier to learn more. Plans are available for a minimum of five days and can be renewed for up to two years.
Plans are available to cover the following:
- Hospital Room and Board
- Intensive Care
- Medical Expenses
- Outpatient Medical Care
- Local Ambulance Services
- Emergency Room Care: Charges incurred as a result of accidents are covered, but ER use for the treatment of an illness is subject to additional charges (if the treatment did not require admittance to a hospital).
- Dental Care: Plan covers care due to an accident only.
- Emergency Evacuation: Evacuations to the nearest medical facility and the cost of returning to either the United States or the country where the evacuation occurred are covered.
- Emergency Reunion: Plan covers reasonable travel and lodging expenses for a friend or relative during an emergency medical evacuation to accompany the insured during the evacuation or to travel from home to reunite with the insured.
- Repatriation/Return of Mortal Remains: If a covered illness or injury results in the insured’s death, the plan covers the expenses of bringing the body or ashes to the United States for a proper burial.
- Returning of Minor Children: If the insured is hospitalized due to a covered illness while abroad and is traveling with children age 19 or under who will be left unattended while the insured receives medical treatment, the plan will cover a one-way economy fare to the United States.
Special Coverage Add-ons
You can also add the following to a policy:
- Trip interruption: Plan pays for the insured to return to the United States in the event that there is a death of an immediate family member (spouse, child, parent or sibling) or substantial destruction of the insured’s principle residence.
- Lost luggage
- Common carrier accidental death
- Sports and activities coverage: Plan covers injuries sustained while engaging in amateur athletic activities designed for leisure, entertainment or fitness.
- Accidental death and dismemberment
- Terrorism coverage
- Identity theft assistance
If you’re heading abroad, contact Insurpedia Private Client Insurance today to learn more about all of our insurance solutions for all of your travel needs.Because we understand what you are worth, we are here to help make sure that full financial recovery takes place whatever happens. Get a complimentary policy review or call us now at 855-888-8070.