Catastrophic Events Protection

Catastrophic Events Protection

When a large incident happens, most of the material and labors will shift to those area so if you have a claim at that time there would be a shortage of material and labor, therefore to cost of replacement would be higher sometimes is am much as 200%.

There is an endorsement in most preferred policies referred as  “Extended Replacement Cost” which this endorsement is for that increase of building limit of 125% to 150%. Many insurance agents and clients may include this coverage as the dwelling limit which in these situations they become underinsured and can suffer a huge loss.

In most policies, an “Extended Replacement Cost” is usually offered for the purpose of inflation as well as unforeseen costs associated with rebuilding the home. An endorsement for the increase of building limit to 125-150 percent can be added to your coverage. Many insurance agents and clients include this coverage as the dwelling limit that helps them in situations when they suffer a huge loss.

As a Private Client Insurance Company, we make sure you are insured to the full replacement cost and include extended replacement cost endorsement as an extra safety net. We offer our clients a standard 200% extended replacement cost coverage.

Another issue that is rarely discussed is the ‘Building Ordinance Coverage’. If your property suffers a partial damage (depending on your location), building ordinance law may trigger you to demolish your whole property and rebuild it from scratch. The ABCs of Building Ordinance Coverage is as follows: A. Total building, B. Demolition cost of undamaged potion and C. Upgrading to today’s code.

Consider this scenario, if your $1 million property is 50% damaged, the standard insurance companies will pay for the damage portion. Let’s assume that the cost would be $500 thousand plus building ordinance coverage (Average of 10% or the amount of $100 thousand), they will pay you a total amount of $600 thousand plus an upgrade to today’s code for that partial damage. But if the building ordinance law requires you to demolish your whole building, the initial $600 thousand payment may not suffice for the cost of replacement of your property and may require you to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to rebuild your building or home.

One of our services is a hundred percent building ordinance coverage, because we understand what you are worth. We are here to help make sure that full financial recovery takes place whatever happens. Get a complimentary policy review or call us now at 855-888-8070.


Leave a Reply